This quick and simple stir fry cabbage is healthy, easy to make and so sweet. It is perfect for serving as a side on a week night meal. It goes well with spaghetti, chapatti or plain white rice.
Tips to getting a crunchy finish on this meal is using medium to high heat and adding the salt once the cabbage is done.
For this delicious cabbage stir fry you will need; ¼ of a medium sized cabbage or about 3cups or handfuls chopped and completely drained off water. 2 grated carrots, one medium sized onion chopped, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1/2tsp salt (more or less according to taste) bunch of cilantro both leaves and stems.
Heat oil on a sufuria or pan on high heat and chopped onions. Sauté the onions till soft and be careful they don’t burn.
Add the cabbage and carrots and stir fry for about 3 minutes then add the cilantro and cook for another 30 seconds.
Add in the salt and toss to mix it all up then remove from heat and serve hot.
- • ¼ Cabbage chopped and drained.
- • 2 carrots grated
- • 1 onion chopped
- • 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- • 1 bunch cilantro (dhania)
- Heat oil on a sufuria or pan on high heat.
- Add chopped onions to the hot oil
- Sauté the onions till soft
- Add the cabbage and carrots and stir for about 3 minutes
- Add cilantro and cook for another 30 seconds
- Add salt and toss to mix it all up
- Remove from heat and serve while hot.
Completely drain the cabbage after washing to avoid the cabbage becoming mushy. More veges and spices can be added into the this recipe.